Are you looking for health insurance for yourself or your family? If so, it’s probably for one of the following reasons:
- It’s open enrollment time, you’ve just received your renewal offer, and you want to see what else is available. Maybe you’re looking for better benefits, a lower monthly premium, or a larger provider network.
- You’re losing your employer-based health insurance and you want to know your coverage options.
- You’ve had a life-changing event like marriage, adoption, or the birth of a child.
- You’ve moved to a new area, requiring you to select a new plan.
- Your health or income has recently changed, making it necessary to re-evaluate your health coverage.
There are other reasons, of course, but these are the most common. On this page, we’ll tell you what you need to know about individual and family health insurance coverage. We’ll discuss the types of health plans, the requirement to have health insurance, financial assistance that may be available, and the various options you should consider based on your specific situation. If you have any questions or need assistance purchasing a health insurance plan, please give us a call at 281-870-8110 – we’re happy to help.
The O’Connor Agency can help you with all of your health insurance needs.
Why are you shopping for health insurance?
Loss Of Coverage
If you’re losing employer-sponsored health insurance as an employee or a dependent, you have several coverage options.
Need to Save Money
Insurance is expensive, so you may want to know what other options are available, especially if your income has recently changed.
Other “Qualifying Events”
Qualifying life events like marriage, birth, or adoption can create special enrollment opportunities for you and your dependents.
New Medical Condition
Your options may be limited if you wait until you develop a medical condition before shopping for insurance, but we’ll give you our suggestions.
Moving to a New Area
If you lose health coverage because you move to a new area, you can buy another plan in the individual market.
It’s Open Enrollment
Save the date! Every year between Nov. 1 and Dec. 15, you can buy individual health insurance without answering any medical questions.